How to clean headphones
Headphones are one of the most used technological tools in our day to day, as they allow us to isolate external noise in order to concentrate, listen to our favorite music or start a conversation using a computer or mobile phone. Therefore, it is common to see people with headphones or earphones on the street, in a vehicle, or in their homes. Today we share tips on how to clean headphones.
Due to their continuous use, these devices get dirty and can protect many organisms and bacteria, due to the accumulation of earwax or dirt. Don’t worry, by spending only a few minutes a day, you can remove all the grime to avoid infections or health problems. In the next note, we will explain how to clean the headphones in a simple and smooth way.
The wireless headphones are very popular because they are easy to use and because they have no wires get tangled in your backpack and make use annoying. Among so many options on the market, iPhone headphones (or AirPods) are one of the most sought after.
Although they are sweat-resistant, they also get very dirty, as they are white headphones. For this reason, it is convenient to clean them from time to time. To do this, you will need a soft cloth, preferably wool, so that it does not release lint that obstructs the sound. Failing that, you can also use wet wipes or swabs. In addition, you must use a substance without dyes that can damage the surface of your devices, such as shampoos, detergents or others.
Here are the steps you need to follow to clean iPhone headphones :
- Take a cloth and dampen it with a little clean water or isopropyl alcohol (you can also use a disinfecting wipe or a moistened swab).
- Turn the headphones upside down, facing the ground, to prevent moisture from entering.
- Wipe the rag on hard surfaces (the device’s helmet) and do it with gentle movements.
- With another dry swab, clean the mesh of the microphone and speaker. It is important to be careful not to risk damaging these parts.
- Avoid getting the grill wet, as it can affect the sound and damage the earpiece completely.
- Wipe with a dry cloth to remove any remaining moisture.
- Let them dry on a towel.
- Store them in the case once they are dry.
It is important to remember that some brands of wireless headphones or earphones are not waterproof, therefore, you should not immerse them in liquid substances, because they could be permanently damaged. You should also wait until they are completely dry to use them. If you don’t, the rechargeable battery can be damaged, as well as other of its functionalities.
All our electronic devices need to be cleaned frequently, as we take them everywhere and often handle them with dirty hands. Discover How to disinfect the cell phone from germs and How to clean a keyboard by clicking on the link.
Both wireless and wired headphones technically require the same care as they collect dust and grime on their grilles and surface. Once you have the rag, swab, water, alcohol, you can clean your headphones, using the following steps:
- Remove the rubber bands from the headphones and the foam that covers the grille, if they are intra-aural (the common ones used in mobile phones).
- Turn your headphones upside down, to prevent water or alcohol from entering.
- Mix soapy water and moisten a dry cloth.
- Using gentle movements, wipe the rag over hard surfaces such as helmets and cables.
- Then, take a dry swab and run it over the racks to remove excess earwax or dirt. It is not convenient to wet it, because they can damage the interior of the earphone, as well as leaving cotton residue on the grill.
- You can also use an old, dry toothbrush to clean the grills with gentle strokes to help remove excess grime. If you find it better and you see a lot of dirt in its holes, you can use a needle to more accurately clean each grid.
- Leave the headphones on a dry towel to dry the moisture.
- Store them in the corresponding case.
It is always important to use a small amount of soapy water, as well as alcohol or disinfectant because the excess liquid will damage the headphones. It is worth mentioning that you must disconnect them before cleaning.
How to clean headphone tires
If your headphones come with ear pads or rubber bands, you should remove and clean them separately. This step by step is done with the same cleaning objects that you use for the headphones, but their procedure is different:
- In a bowl, mix a little warm water with liquid soap and a little antibacterial. The temperature of the water will help you loosen the dirt easily.
- Once you have removed the rubbers from your headphones, you should immerse them in the container and move them for a few moments.
- When they have stood for about 10 minutes, remove them from the container and clean them with a small toothbrush or swab to remove the dirt.
- You can dip them under the faucet to remove the soap.
- Let them dry on a dry surface or dry them with a dry cloth.
- When they are completely dry, put them back on the headphones.
- Now you can listen to your favorite music again.
We hope that each of these steps will help you clean your headphones and tires, so you can enjoy your favorite music and have no audio problems in any video call. It is ideal to clean them frequently so that there is no accumulation of dirt.
You may also like to read- https://spinsurf.co.uk/
What Merchants need to Know About Card-Not-Present Fraud
Online commerce allows merchants to market their goods to a whole new set of customers.Read More
Why study or learn digital marketing
Why study or learn digital marketing? The Internet has completely revolutionized the world. Therefore, theRead More